Jacob Bunn opened his grocery store in Springfield, Illinois, USA, over 170 years ago, and one of the first customers was a young Abe Lincoln. Bunn Capitol Wholesale Grocery Company has grown out of that venture, which was later taken over by George R. Bunn, who established a beverage equipment division in the late 1950s
Now, The corporation is still privately held and family-owned. Since 1988, Arthur “Hy” Bunn has served as President and CEO of the global beverage equipment corporation that his father created, taking overall management and leadership.
However, I’m not here to discuss Bunn’s history with you. Some of my friends face problems with their Bunn coffee maker. I find many questions related to its operation and draining process, and cleaning process of this coffee maker. So, I articulate all these questions and try to answer them in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does a Bunn coffee maker work?
So, you just buy a commercial Bunn coffee brewer, and you’re wondering how it works! In this article, I’ll show you how a commercial Bunn coffee brewer works.
- Pour-over-style coffee brewer has a holding tank. Your brewer will arrive empty, do not plug it in. It will be necessary to fill the unit with water. If you plug in the brewer, you will most likely destroy the heating Coil.
- The first step is to pour a full carafe of cold water into the pour-over basin. After pouring the water, you’ll notice that some water should make it through to the brew basket and down into the carafe. Some models may take a little more or less water. Regardless the tank is full when water runs into the carafe below.
- You’re able to plug in the coffee maker at this stage. Before you plug in, make sure everything is off on your machine.
- After plugging it in, you may turn on the tank heater and the brewer. If equipped, you should see “the ready light” come on in 20 to 30 minutes. If the ready light is not installed, wait about 30 minutes after turning on your brewer before making a pot of coffee.
- When you’re ready for that first Cup of coffee, remove the brew basket, place the correct filter in it, add coffee and then replace the brew basket into the slot.
- Now you’re ready to pour in your water and start brewing your coffee. For a full pot of coffee, pour in a full pot of water.
- Notice how the cold water comes in and is directed to the bottom of the brewer. Pushing the hot water out and into the spray head, which in turn soaks the coffee grounds and eventually runs through the brew basket and into the pot below.
- The same way your water was heated the first time, the cold water you just poured in will also be heated.
Most commercial coffee equipment can be left on between brews. If you leave the brewer on for an extended period of time without using it, however, evaporation will occur. If you aren’t going to be using it for a couple of days, it would be best to turn the power off and, therefore, the tank heater on. If the brewer’s water evaporates, damage to the tank heater will occur.
How to calibrate a Bunn coffee machine?
Here I’ll demonstrate how to calibrate the spray head flow rate properly. This allows the brewer to use the correct quantity of water when making tea or coffee.
Step 1: To access inter-level two programmings, press and hold the “Hidden Button”. Continue pressing the correct hidden switch before “calibrate flow” appears on the monitor. Now Press Yes
Step 2: On the “SPRAY HEAD CAL” function monitor, select yes. If the containers are under the final, the screen will read “CONTAINER READY”. Press Yes
Step 3: “CALIBRATE SPRAY” may appear on display. To begin, press the brew button.
Step 4: Under the brewer’s funnel, place a measuring cup with a minimum volume of 60 ounces.
Step 5: Press and release the brew switch on the side to be calibrated. After 60 seconds, the monitor will recalibrate the spray. On the screen, a 60-second timer will count down to zero. The display can adjust two ounces and the current ounces per minute until the counter hits zero.
Step 6: Using the minus and plus buttons, you can calculate the amount of water in the container. Press “done” after adjusting the amount on display to match the amount in the container.
The screen should now show the current spray flow as well as the right spray head flow rate in announces per minute. The display will return to the calibrate common flow screen after five seconds.
Why is my Bunn coffee maker leaking?
One of my friends asked me a couple of days ago why is my Bunn coffee maker leaking? One of the most common causes of water leakage in your Bunn coffee maker is damage to the silicone seal that connects the water reservoir to the machine’s water tank.
How to drain Bunn coffee maker?
If you’re going to be out for an extended amount of time, going on holiday, or moving and need to take your Bunn coffee maker with you, you’ll want to empty the tank.
We’re going to walk through the steps to drain your coffee maker.
- First thing that you need to do is to unplug the brewer. The water in the hot tank should be cooled down. So pour in the cold water to flush the hot water out.
- Put the craft on the warmer plate area. Then close the lid. The cold water is pushing hot water out into the craft. You need to do that twice to push all the hot water out of the internal hot water tank. Now that you have flushed the hot water from the inner tank with two full cold crafts of water.
- Now you can start the draining process. You have to remove the brew funnel and the spray head and set them aside.
- it would help if you placed the brewer in the sink. Grasp the back of the brewer and tip it upside down. The water will begin to run out as you open the spray head tube. Most of the water will flow out of that tube opening, but some might come out of the top lid.
- You just keep pouring the water out until no more comes out. Now that the water has been drained out. The spray head must be replaced. Twisting it on in a clockwise direction. And insert a brew funnel.
You’re now ready to transport your Bunn coffee maker.
|Are you a Starbucks lover? Get an endless variety of your favorite Starbucks beverages right in your home. Order Starbucks Verismo 600 coffee maker Now.|
How to clean a Bunn coffee maker?
We’ll go into how to clean your Bunn Velocity Brew in this article. To clean your Bunn Velocity Brew, you will need –
- 1 quart(4 cups) of white vinegar
- Mild detergent
- a soft cloth.
Cleaning Bunn coffee maker’s internal system will help remove any deposits formed as a result of impurities in the water supply. We recommend cleaning the brewer’s internal system at least once every three months. Cleaning the brewer regularly will extend its life and ensure optimum brewing results.
Step 1: Place the empty brew funnel under the spray head in the brewer. Place the base plate on top of the empty carafe.
Step 2: Measure out 1 quart (4 cups) of white vinegar, which is about 48-ounce cups.
Step 3: Pour one quart of white vinegar into the brewer’s top after opening the lid.
Step 4: Put the lid back on. Water will start to pour from the brew funnel once the lid is closed.
Step 5: When the liquid from the brew funnel stops flowing, empty the carafe.
Step 6: Flip the vacation switch to the OFF opposition and unplug the brewer. Allow the vinegar to sit in the hot water tank for 2 hours.
Step 7: Remove the brew funnel and unscrew the spray head.
Step 8: With a toothpick, see if the spray head holes are clogged with mineral deposits or white flakes.
Step 9: Use a wet cloth and a mild detergent to clean the spray head. Rinse with water after cleansing.
Step 10: Pour a carafe with fresh cold water into the brewer. (Note: do not close the lid.)
Step 11: Replace the brew funnel and place the empty carafe on the base plate.
Step 12: close the lid. Closing the lid will allow the fresh cold water to run through the brewer and flush out the vinegar.
Step 13: After the liquid has stopped flowing from the brew funnel, empty the carafe.
Step 14: Repeat the cycle process three or four times in full fresh crafts of cold water or until the vinegar is no longer detectable.
Step 15: After you flush out the vinegar with fresh cold water, You’ll need to remove the brew funnel. Reinsert the spray head.
Step 16: replace the brew funnel and position the empty craft on the base plate. After that, turn on the brewer. Be sure the vacation switch is turned on.
Congratulations, you have just finished cleaning your Bunn velocity brew, coffee maker. Before using, allow the water in the tank to reach brewing temperature. It takes about 15 minutes to complete this task.
What size filter for Bunn coffee maker?
Size: 2.75″ x 3″ (6.88 cm x 7.6 cm)
Where to buy Bunn coffee filters?
Bunn Coffee filters are sold in the online store and retail and wholesaler coffee maker shops in the United States. However, I highly encourage you to buy this from Amazon. I have found the product is sold pretty cheaply there.
If you find this article helpful or have any queries related to the Bunn coffee maker, leave your comment below. We always love to hear from you.